For FACILITIES MANAGER
Daily maintenance of church
Maintenance and custodial staff
Full Time with additional hours as needed Congregation
The role of the Facilities Manager is to keep the church campus appropriately set up for the various usages of the church and serve in keeping the facilities clean and attractive and in maintaining the church buildings and systems. This is a full-time position. This includes some general maintenance, oversight of all building equipment, and supervision of maintenance and custodial staff. This position reports to the Executive Pastor. The Facilities Manager position is largely unsupervised and requires self- motivation, accountability for time and expenses, and integrity.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF NEWNAN, GEORGIA
- Be in full accord with the purpose and ministries of FBCN
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart
- Discretion and confidentiality in all matters related to church members and church business.
- Possess the abilities needed to fulfill the assigned responsibilities of this position
- Possess a State of Georgia Commercial Driver’s License or have the ability to obtain a CDL within the first six months of employment with FBCN.
- Able to lift at least 75 lbs., drive a van/trailer, and be able to work in an environment where there is dust, cleaning fumes, and a variety of other allergens.
- Able to organize work, set priorities and work independently.
- Possess the ability of flexibility with regard to daily work and assignments
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Able to work a flexible schedule with the understanding that special events and large church gatherings will be part of the regular schedule.
- Able to perform routine maintenance tasks, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, audio/visual systems, network/video wiring and custodial skills.
- Able to become familiar with all aspects of the facilities and systems.
- Familiar with state and local building and property maintenance codes. Familiar with State Fire and Life Safety Codes. Committed to maintaining the buildings in accordance with state and local codes and ordinances.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Responsibilities:
- Monitor church property inventory and conditions.
- Order supplies, maintain appropriate inventory and develop and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Oversee and evaluate contracted custodial services
- Draft specifications for contracted work, prepare a statement of work, gain approval of a proposal, obtain bids, assist with the selection, oversees performance functioning as the point of contact between outside contractors and FBCN. Communicates with Executive Pastor with regards to payment for contracted work.
- Maintain budget, documentation on all service agreements, warranties, safety related documentation, invoices, etc. Works with church staff and Properties Committee to plan a yearly budget.
- Opening, closing, preparation, and cleaning of all facilities and grounds for all functions. Including energy management and electronic access control to the buildings.
- Completion of room set ups for regularly scheduled and special events. Oversee proper use of building by all persons during activities at the church.
- Prepares schedules of preventative maintenance for all aspects of the buildings and equipment.
- Develop clear and simple written instructions for routine usage and maintenance of the building.
- Maintain church-owned vehicles, including inspection and registration. Works with the Transportation Committee.
- Maintains campus grounds, including landscaping, mowing, raking, pruning, trimming, tree trimming, removal of litter, trash and debris and/or supervision of grounds-keeping crews, whether on FBC payroll or outside contracted workers.
- Perform projects, including handy-man and light carpentry.
- General understanding of the heating and cooling systems, plumbing, elevators, electrical, landscaping, and irrigation equipment and tools inside and outside of the building.
- Oversee and help to organize the overall planning of setups and cleaning, including supervision of custodial and maintenance staff.
- Manage building security
- Manage vendor relations
- Be prepared to do other custodial and maintenance duties as needed.
- Be available for emergencies of those using the building.
- Oversee work load and responsibilities.
- Supervise, assist and direct all maintenance and custodial staff.
- Work with church staff and Properties Committee to plan yearly budget for maintenance and cleaning.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly Properties Committee meetings.
- Prepare Baptistery for designated services.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor